Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Face Mask

Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Face Mask
Sakshi Bhardwaj
Price: $28.00 CA
My Skin type: Normal to Combination

What it Claims to do: This mask is meant to remove impurities, reduce the appearance of pores through the use of charcoal and leave the skin glowing and refreshed.

How to use: This mask is applied onto the skin after a thorough cleansing of the face. Using either your fingers or a brush you should apply an even layer onto the skin. Leave it on for 5-10 min as you will see it start to dry up on your face slowly. After this you can wash it off with water.

What I liked: After just one use this mask had done too my whole face what a pore strip would have done just to my nose and chin. It removed my whiteheads and blackheads and left my skin feeling refreshed. As this mask also has organic tea tree oil it reduced the redness of some pimples that I had accumulating on my face. Due to the fact that this mask has chunks of charcoal in it, when I was washing it off the chunks if charcoal were exfoliating my skin.

What I didn’t like: This mask may not be suitable for people who have sensitive skin. I say this because when applied it has a bit of a burning and watery eyes effect. I think this may be due to the fact that although not pungent the scent is not exactly flower and daisies either. For me it was not too bad as I applied it a bit farther from my eyes. Yet for my friend Rima (she has sensitive skin) the burning sensation of the eyes was unbearable and was enough for her to not want to use it again. Also this mask can get a little messy during clean you as the chunks of charcoal leave a bit of debris.

Is it worth it: I did buy this mask from an outlet mall so it was a bit cheaper for me. The mask absolutely does what it claims to do and when applied consistently it does remove blackhead and whiteheads. It removes impurities and even helps with pimples and annoying zits. For people who are frustrated with these spots that refuse to leave you alone it is definitely a must try. Yet as I mentioned before people with sensitive skin should tread with caution and it may further exaggerate the irritation of the skin.


Rate: 3.5/5

Comments